Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Intro Post & Some Ideas

Hey world, we are Team AET and right now we are in the stages of designing a project with our arduino board. Check in daily to see what we are accomplishing.

I thought it would be fun for each member to post an idea of theirs that may or may not be incorporated into the final project. For me (Trevor, by the way), it's the variable-power Nerf rifle.

People mod their Nerf guns all the time, to make them more powerful, or shoot more painful projectiles (no thanks) et cetera. But the thing that bugs me about those mods is that they're permanent. What if your younger cousins or nephews or something want to play with it, or have a Nerf fight? Do you give their unsteady hands an overpowered foam launcher? Or worse, use it yourself then take their eye out with a well-placed but ill-timed blind fire?

Okay, maybe I'm reaching for practicality here, but the idea is solid. A simple, Arduino-controlled cylinder attached to a servo motor could expand or contract an air chamber in the typical Nerf rifle. Only a few items would have to be 3D-printed to make this idea work.

I'm Erik And I've got a different idea for our arduino project. Mine has to do with a simple mechanism for locking doors. The idea is using an arduino board by knocking on a door you can lock it. I've also been looking into a sonar system that could operate the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe9nEIAdiXo

Hello, 
     My name is Alex and an Initial Idea that I'm bringing to the table for the project is to make a stopwatch/timer that will display a counter and/or messages on an LCD screen. It would be an intermediate level project, that seems achievable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment